Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lost all connections

Hector W2NPR
Hector W2NPR Member ✭✭
Connected one minute and gone the next. I had connection on the PC (SmartSDR) and SmartLink. This evening, I was on the air then the receive audio was choppy. Next thing I know the connection was gone. I try to reconnect thru the mobile app but the radio no longer appears in the app. I remotely connected to the PC and the radio no longer shows up in Smart SDR. Any helpful input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and Best 73.

Comments

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Can you power cycle the remote radio?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Is this remote at home? Just like your title said..lost all connection.
    You will need to get the connection back. Reset your router, and radio, and reboot your computer.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Hector,

You might want to look into getting something that can power cycle equipment in the shack. 

I use the Digital Loggers Web Switch Pro. 8 individually switchable outlets accessible via Internet.
    https://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html 

Also I have two of these that plug into two of the switched outlets. I use the common and normally open to both the Remote On and PTT on radio.
    https://www.amazon.com/Enclosed-AC-Protection-Bounce-Terminals/dp/B017743I7S/ref=asc_df_B017743I7S/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=194017009123&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1571156839159503001&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003577&hvtargid=pla-311542650408&psc=1 

The Remote On allows me to turn the radio on & off and the PTT relay allows keying the radio locally if I ever want to change the SmartLink registration on the fly.

I also am running the DC supply for the radio through the Web Switch.

Dave wo2x

• Hector W2NPR
    Hector W2NPR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thanks Dave! I’ve been looking for individual remote relays and haven’t seen those. The remote plug **** is another I haven’t seen. I’ve been looking at the Wemos and Neos but I’d have to build or buy a plugstrip to accommodate all of them.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
     The Digital logger devices have more then just remote web power on/off 
    you can set it for auto-ping that if a device stops talking to the network or IP address changes the device can shut down and turn back on after a pre-determined number of failed pings. 
    Also the basic scripting is pretty cool.
    The more our stations are running remote and use the network to link everything together the more we have to automate our stations.

I have 50 or 60 of the Digital logger switch's around all my commercial sites and have some that are going on 14 years old so they are a good robust device.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.