Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Loss of audio on just one band.

Options
W0QKL
W0QKL Member
Has anybody seen this before I was on 15M then started to jump around the bands to 10M, 12M then 17M and when I went back to 15M I did not have any audio! So I checked all the bands again and had audio on all the bands except on 15M still no audio. I had to deleat the slice A and use RX+ to get the audio back for 15M, Has anybody seen this?

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I have had similar events a few times.  I just figured that I switched back and forth so rapidly that I confused the logic.  (changing to a new band before the rig was fully changed over from the previous one.)

I have also many times had "lost" or "orphan" slices...where I only had one pan and one slice open but couldn't open a second.  Or here I couldn't open a second pan. The solution was to open as many pans or slices as I could, then close them one by one, and start over.  I believe that they have identified this for fixing.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    "I believe that they have identified this for fixing."

We have and we have applied fixes to SmartSDR v1.2 that we think will resolve the problem, but there still might be a few edge cases that we have not  yet identified.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Had cases where changing bands caused the audio to fade out in about 30 seconds.
    Panadapter showed signals but no audio.
    Change to another band and it might be okay. Certain ones would fade out after about 30 seconds.
    Re-Booted the radio to fix.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I have also had cases where the APF got overruns or something and when I jumped about the bands a bunch and turned APF ON it shut all the audio OFF.  It took closing the slice and reopening to restore it.

Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.