Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Loss of CAT in all applications after installing V2.0?

Craig McVeay
Craig McVeay Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
After installing V2.0 and getting SmartLink setup and running, I was feeling pretty good about this update.  This morning, I sat down, fired it all up and when I opened WSJT-X, it will not communicate with the radio.  Pop up says "Hamlib error: Communication timed out while opening connection to rig".  I've checked and rechecked the CAT settings for the radio and in the application with no improvement.  I tried Fldigi and I have the same issue going on.  <EDIT> Please add Winlink Express with the same issue.  The SmartSDR upgrade is the only change made since this all worked two days ago.  Windows 10, WSJT-X v1.8.0-rc1 r7847; Fldigi 4.0.6.; Winlink Express 1.5.6.1.

Anyone else see and solve this riddle yet?

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Craig,

Try this. Open SmartSDR CAT and add a TCP CAT port 5004.

Nest in WSJT-X Settings/Radio set ip up as per the following

Try that and see if it works better. Make sure you select Data/Pkt and also Fake It. 
    The IP is 127.0.0.1:5004

Dave wo2x
  • Robert White
    Robert White Member
    edited July 2017
    Did you cold boot the radio? Unplug 12v supply as described in the release notes? Fixed the problem for me.
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited July 2017
    I have been using mine with no problem. But Im using Log4om as my log book and I am also using Omni-rig to control the radio on the FLdigi and WSJT. And when I log on those programs it puts in in my log automaticly then it goes to QRZ and then upload to Lotw. and there are others. 

Good luck
    Jay
  • Craig McVeay
    Craig McVeay Member
    edited July 2017
    Thank you Dave.  One down, a few more to go.  Gotta take off for work now though.  I assume a similar change in other applications will have the same effect?

Craig
    N0CSM
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Did you remove the "in use" ports after upgrading to SmartSDR v2.0.17 as instructed to do in the Release Notes?  If not, that can cause problems creating ports.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Dave 
    73's Dan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.