Losing Radio connection when updating profile

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago

It seems each time I do a live save on one of my radio profile settings I immediately lose radio connection.  running ver 1.3.8 here on I7/ machine Win7/64 and 16mb memory. Also have a higher end video card that could handle max traffic with my old F6700.  This radio is a 6300 and even though I set an assigned HDCP IP address it never seems to lock in again on that assigned IP and I have to go out over the garage and power cyclet the radio each time in order to be able to reconnect.  I connect over a wireless Ethernet adapter about 15ft away from the Den.  The first time I lose radio connection I am able to reconnect but anything after that one time and it requires a power cycle of the radio.to find the IP again thru the router.  Sure hope Ver 1.4 helps with this IP addressing problem on a LAN remote.

Regards

Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 865 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of DrTeeth

DrTeeth

• 1687 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
To get an assigned IP to stick here, I need to reboot the router.
Photo of Jon - KF2E

Jon - KF2E

• 679 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
Check your DHCP lease time in your router and make it longer. Even though a fixed IP should work, I worry that since you can't fix the IP in the Flex things could get hosed during the radios DHCP renewal. With your router having an IP assigned to the mac address of your radio, when the radio powers on it does a DHCP request to the router to get that address. Since the Flex considers the IP to be received via DHCP it will request a renewal at 1/2 of the lease period. This is where I worry that 'some' routers might not handle the renewal correctly thinking the address is fixed.

Perhaps I'm just paranoid but I have seen issues with DHCP renewals.

Jon...kf2e
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 865 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes

Thanks guys...  I tried resetting an IP all over again..Did the saves/reboots required and also tried changing the lease time for the wireless adapter .  I even upped the transmit power on the Router to 150mw.... Now its wait and see I guess.    Im hoping ver 1.4 will fix some of these unexpected events and especially the motorboating audio problem on the DAX channels. that comes and goes or is temporarily fixed by restarting thwe channel as others have reported..

Merry Christmas,  Larry  K1UO

Photo of DrTeeth

DrTeeth

• 1687 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
Hi Larry,

If you have a smartphone, you can get utilities to check your wi-fi signal strengths.
Can you increase the power of the wireless adaptor too? If not, you could try a directional antenna.

You may have to set a fixed IP for your wireless adaptor too as well as the radio, something to try if not already tried.

Good luck ion your quest and a Merry Christmas to you and your family.
(Edited)