Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lose DAX when Screen Saver kicks in (post updates to Windows 10 Pro vers. 1909)

Steve K9ZW
Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm typing from a multi-use PC that after a recent round of Win10 updates has developed a DAX issue where I lose my WSJT-X-to-DAX connectivity on transmit only whenever the screen saver kicks in.

Company policy is that machines lock when left unattended, and until the updates earlier in May it hadn't been an issue.

Have searched through possible Sleep settings for various parts of the hardware without hitting on the smoking gun to what changed.

Didn't find much in the Help Desk area or documentation.

Are there sleep/screen saver/power settings I can look at further?

Do we have as a community a list of what & where potential settings are, and their preferred settings?

Steve
K9ZW

Answers

• Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have found the same issue with Window 10 and SmartSDR 3.1.12. DAX goes to sleep with the screen saver function in Windows, yet the other programs running do not. I too do not remember it being an issue previously. Anyone have a fix?
      Watts
      K4QJZ
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Have you tried rolling back the Windows update that caused the problem? It would be helpful to know before other folks apply the same update. Maybe that will fix it?
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    If the issue was a productivity problem rolling back would be an easy test.  As it is I am loath to start a downgrade/rollback process that will both make a lot of work if the reversal fails to maintain all operational software productivity and I'll have to spend time redoing manually in the long run.  

Running as a "guest" app it is different that a dedicated Ham Shack situation. 

As the trace files show a series of updates applied, many of them security content, the risks are slightly different than a general upgrade roll-back.

I'm thinking we have plenty of very skilled early-release and MS-partner level operators here at the forum, that perhaps they can point us in the right direction.

Guess from my end is it has to with the Lock Screen having settings/power settings not exposed to the end user.  

Steve
    K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.