Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Looking for keystroke command to raise and lower volume in SmartSDR with Griffin Powermate .

N3WWL
N3WWL Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I've used the Griffin PowerMate to raise and lower volume with PowerSDR, but those key strokes are not valid for SmartSDR.  Perhaps the SmartSDR software won't allow it? Anyone using a Griffin PowerMate that has been successful? 

Answers

• MikeMeeks
    MikeMeeks Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Not yet!
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018

Jay,

The only keyboard control I know at this time is the "space bar"  repeats last operation in the SmartSDR  window..  Comes in handy for a PTT..  

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    ****, looks like I'll be sending back my Powermate.  
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    DDUtil supports keyboard macros so you could use that? 
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I'm not sure powermate would be able to utilize that or not. 
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I assume you are wanting to use the PowerMate as a VFO knob? I tried to so something similar with Palette ( www.palettegear.com ) but DDUtil didn't seem to support changing slice frequencies via keyboard macros. I was able to configure volume control and PTT and various other settings this way but not frequency (which was the main one I wanted!)
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Let me add a "me too!" to this. Keyboard shortcuts for SmartSDR would be great. I too have a Griffin Powermate. VFO mode is the big plus. Initially emulating/duplicating PowerSDR shortcuts might make the most sense for people upgrading.

Danny
    K2DMS
  • Bill N3HQB
    Bill N3HQB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Contour Shuttle Xpress works well for frequency control; nice click detent jog wheel. Set jog left to left arrow key for frequency down; set jog right to right arrow key for frequency up.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I'm using FRStack key commands.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.