Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

looking for a good audio monitor active speaker for my new flex-6700

2»

Answers

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I am not being critical of someone's assessment, but the Bose Companion II Series III speakers are not only wonderfully sounding with the Flex, but one of those rare purchases where I reflected on just how good the product is and what a bargain it appeared to be. Now, the response does favor the low end, but I like that. Yields a fullness to both music and voice signals. If not to your liking, the Flex Receive EQ can balance to taste. CW sounds best with headphones methinks.
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Do the Bose Compahion II speakers go low enough by themselves?  Non-Bose speakers that small normally are paired with a subwoofer.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I get all the Bass I need from them.  
    But then, no one is playing the soundtrack for "Earthquake" on ham radio.... ha.

I do like the Bose Companion 2 Series 3 speakers.  Still going for $99 on Amazon.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Upon further inspection, I have the Bose Companion 20 series which has a surprising low end by utilizing a rear port that will reflect off a wall behind the speakers. They are however more responsive at the high end which results in remarkably clear vocals. The bass is also clear and distinct vice a muddy bass it can however be overpowered by the high end fidelity of the speakers. They really are more than a step above a set of ordinary computer speakers yet not at the price range of high end computer speakers.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    And, just to come full circle on my problem with the Bose speakers, I determined they were definitely defective. I returned them and in their place, I bought a pair of the West Mountain COMspkr's, and they seem to work just fine. A bit lacking in the "bass" octave or so, but I suspect a little ventilation on the back side might help that. They are definitely communications grade speakers, with the narrower response. CW is very clean and clear with no unpleasant raspiness or cabinet resonances. Some day I may go more high end, but for now these will do just fine.
  • M0GVZ
    M0GVZ Member
    edited December 2015
    JBL Control 2P come with an integral internal amplifier with very low distortion.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.