LOOKING FOR 6400M DESK MIC OPTIONS

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
My 6400m should be arriving soon. I'm thinking about replacing my older Heil GM-5 mic with something newer. Does anyone in the group have any desk mic suggestions? 
Photo of Tony WV2C

Tony WV2C

• 28 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 952 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
I think there are many great mics available but I have had excellent results with the Electrovoice RE320 I bought a couple years ago.  I have always used Heil in the past and this was a big improvement.

Rich
Photo of k0eoo

k0eoo

• 562 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes
The PR-781 works very well here.  Get great audio reports with it....
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 456 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Tony my experience is you may be blown away by how well your current mic will work on this amazing radio.
Save the money for now.
Photo of Tony WV2C

Tony WV2C

• 28 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks, I used the GM5 with my 6500 and got excellent reports. Looking at new option to go with my new radio.
Photo of Fred

Fred

• 104 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Tony, I be leave you have the best mic Bob ever made for ham radio use. You should hang on to it because they don't make anymore. I have two of then just in case one goes bad. The hand mic that comes with the new rigs works great but it is a hand mic.
:(
Photo of Tony WV2C

Tony WV2C

• 28 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thank you!
Photo of Craig - KØCF

Craig - KØCF

• 89 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
I replaced a Heil PR-781 with an Electro-Voice RE320 a couple of years ago. This is a superb mic with stunning audio quality.

Craig, KØCF
Photo of W8QB

W8QB

• 73 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
My primary mic is a PR781.  But if you want a desk mic, the best value is any of the several reasonably priced microphones from "Inrad", in my opinion.  You can view them at vibroplex.com
(Edited)