Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Logitech g930 low mic audio

Options
Rick Frerker
Rick Frerker Member
edited January 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Running SmartSDR with Flex6300 on Windows 8.1. I bought a Logitech G930 and installed Logitechs Gaming Software. Thrn tried the microphone and got extremely low mic audio. I read online others had same problem when running the Logitech Gaming Software, so I uninstalled it as this was supposed to correct the issue. However, if it helped it was only marginally.I am running the 'Remote' in smart sdr 1.4.11 with PC selexted for the microphone. The Flex6300 is direct connected by ethernet to the computer.with everything maxed out. Mic gain, windows mic level, the SSDR TXE... i still only get very low mic audio..if I put the mic on mi lips, and speak loudly I get -10db level onthe ALC graph. Anyone else have this problem?

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Have your Set the Mike Gain at +20dB on the Phone Tab in the Radio Setup Panel?
  • Rick Frerker
    Rick Frerker Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion. I had tried both with and without and 'saw' no differencce in the level meter output. If there was a difference listening to recorded playback with SSDR, I couldn't detect it. But, then this morning, I tried again. With no changes made over night and computer still running, the windows audio level was much higher. Next I tried the radio and it too was better. Then I checked bias and this time +20 bias had a noticeable audible effect, but only when transmit/record/listen to play back. I noticed that the transmit audio Level meter does not Indicate the higher audio output when the +20 is enabled; it looks identical to when it's off. But, the difference can be heard on playback. I can see the difference in meter readings when using my PR40, just not when uding PC/G930. Also, I noticed that DEXP and MON are not available with the G930. Now I am going to try to reinstall the Logitech Software and see what happens.
  • Rick Frerker
    Rick Frerker Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Low Audio Problem solved. The reason was due to keying the radio with the hand switch instead of keying it with MOX or VOX. Apparently, this is a feature. Pays to read the manual more carefully. Now I Wonder if there is anyway to enable a PTT function when using the PC headset as I am not a fan of toggling transmit by using a mouse or VOX?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.