Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

logic 9 with 6700

Gene - K3GC
Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My new 6700 is somewhere in the air between Austin and my QTH in Hickory, NC. - that's not the question.
I have been using Logic 9 as my logger for several years and really like it.  The question is whether or no it will be compatible with my new 6700.  The best I can find on the logic website is to setup Logic as a TS2000. Logic has a really nice Keyer that I would like to continue using.  Changing systems is such an adventure -VBG .
Do any of you have any better or more current information?

Answers

• Jim k7my
    Jim k7my Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Gene,

I have been using Logic for many years and iterations. Yes, it is very compatible with the Flex radios.  I have it set up with two radios, #1 is a Kenwood TS-990 and #2 is the Flec 6500 using the Kenwood TS-2000. I am able to use both at the same time.  Hope this helps

Jim Hoggard K7MY k7mby@msn.com

• Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Jim,
    Have you been able to use the B VFO with Logic?  Logic tracks well with VFO  A but if I go to B the frequency display momentarily changes but then goes back to A.  A couple of times I have had it working (I have no idea why) but after a computer restart it went back to what it was.
    With this one exception Logic works well with SmartSDR but that one exception is a biggy for me.
    To have to change bands every time I want to make a contact defeats a lot of the pleasure of having multiple slices.  I have multiple viewing but I can only track frequency on A VFO.
    I have spoken to Dudley at Flex and Dennis at Logic and nobody has a clue where to go.
    Gene K3GC
  • Jim k7my
    Jim k7my Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Gene I am not sure what problem you are having with the A and B VFO's  When I use them using one slice they appear as "FREQ" the receive frequency and "FREQ TX" for the Transmit frequency or A & B respectfully.  I have not tried to infuse multiple slices.  Sorry to be vague in my reply.  Hope this helps.

Jim K7MY 

• Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jim,
           Does logic9 key the radio?  Does it need an external hardware interface or
    can it use a CAT port?  Does it have a winkey interface built-in?  How is it done?

Ned,  K1NJ
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Jim
    I am referring to the frequency display in green letters on the bottom left of the screen.  If the panadapter showing A is active the display will show its freq.  If you make  the B active it should show its freq.  
    The freq box and the Tx box would be the same.  I do not get anything in the Freq TX box other than as I said before - It will flash up for a second and then disappear.
    Did you have to do any special setup?   I think there is a glitch somewhere in my Logic.
    Gene K3GC
  • Jim k7my
    Jim k7my Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

I do not use the keyer in Logic9, rather I use the CWX or the keyer in N1MM+ so I can not shed any light on the connections.  I use CAT com5 as the third party connection.  As such I can only run either Logic9 or N1MM not both at the same time.

In Logic9 I use the 6500 as "Radio2" and call it (from the drop down box) {Kenwood 2000, 590 Like 850 driver except polls rig (Legacy}.  The 6500 "A" shows up in the frequency box at the bottom and as I mentioned earlier, "B" transmit is in the Freq TX box when I log it (Use the tab after inserting the Other station's call )  This fills in the blanks for the QSO.  Sorry for so much band width.

Jim K7MY

• AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

I am also using Logic 9 as a Kenwood 2000 to my 6700.  Unfortunately every time I run split the Logic program throws an exception when I close the b slice and I then have to do a clean and rebuild the indexes.  Also, Logic does not log the transmit frequency.  I do not see this behavior with either Fldigi or N1MM+.

Keith AC9S

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.