I would like to share my experince with LogHX SW.
Probably most of you did not hear about it.
I use it for about 4 years.
It is developed and continiuosly supported by Alexei, RX4HX.
Link to website - http://rx4hx.qrz.ru/
It is a free SW and very easy to use. You have an option
to pay to get your License and the LogHX will show your callsign on the top of
the log. I paid to get the License and support development. If you don’t pay for the License you will still have full LogHX functionality.
One of the feature that I got excited that Alexei added 2nd receiver (I use it for 2nd Slice) and I can click on the bandmap of Radio1 or Radio2 and corresonded slice going to that frequency, call sign entered to "QSO entry" window. Works as a charm!
LogHX has several options for the CAT - HXCAT Interface,Omnirig, TCI and Hamlib. I use it with Omnirig that allow me to communicate to 2 devices, 2 used for 2 slices. I use it it with Flex6600 on daily basis. Request for a 2nd receiver bandmap was added recently and it took no time to implement it.
Author (Alexei, RX4HX) is available almost on a daily basis, he responds to requests and constantly adds new features and fixes things if necessary. He listens to feedback, discussing them but more importantly helping to resolve specific issues.Log is constantly growing and HAMs from all over the world keep asking for new features that makes Log more fun to use.
Here are just few features from many others available:
· Work with most modern Radios – Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, Flex and others
· Keep a QSO accounting
· Track and check of e-QSL and paper QSL exchange, via QSL-manager or direct
· Check preview QSO in run time
· Use data from a most popular callbook
· Make various search in the logbook database
· Keep an any kind of any award statistic
· Import and export logbook from/to most popular formats i.e. adif, cabrillo etc
· Interoperate with telnet cluster and third party hamradio software
· Antenna rotator control
· Use an editable macros for PSK, RTTY, CW and SSB operation
· Use Vertical or Horizontal Band Maps
· Present Azumuth, World map and Globe maps with visual traces to other station
· Multiwindows structure – allow you to use needed tools and keep your desktop clean· Support MMVari, MMTTY, CWServer, WSJT and other
. Shows information (and image if exist) from QRZ dot com
The minor issue I would point out (not really an issue), the LogHX forum is in the Russian language, however I saw there is no problem to get an answer from Alexei in English.
Here is just my way to arrange the windows, you can open more windows or close everything that you do not need. Worls and Globe map added here kust for demonstation, theu show Az, Dist, WWloc to the station that you
Give it a try.
Be the first to post a reply!