Logging problem

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. I just bought a new 6300 at Dayton, and I was able to get it to work with my logging program without too much difficulty.

What I did notice happening, after many contacts, is that it puts into the log my "A" slice receiver as my receive frequency, and my "B" slice receiver as my transmit. I may be monitoring 20M, while operating on 17M. It also inserts the band into the log, but it matches the receive frequency and not the transmit where I made the contact.

So, my log entry will say 20M R-14.200 and T-18.130. When I go to submit my log to LoTW it says I have a mismatch. The frequency will show 18.130 and 20M, instead of 17M.

I'm using Commcat as my logging program. I'm assuming that the logging program is working correctly, because it thinks I'm working split. Has anyone ever had this situation on any logging program, and is there a work around? I don't want to turn off my 2nd receiver.

Thanks in advance and 73
Bob WD8KND
Photo of Bob - WD8KND

Bob - WD8KND

  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
  • a little frustrated.

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Bob - WD8KND

Bob - WD8KND

  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Official Response
I've been working with Howard on this issue and he has come up with a fix for this. He has added a button "B Slice" , and when you push it while on the B slice, it makes everything work correctly in the log and on the LoTW file. He has been GREAT assisting with this issue. I'm satisfied with his fix. Love the program.
Photo of Bob - WD8KND

Bob - WD8KND

  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Official Response
If anyone, who uses Commcat, would like a Beta copy of this fix, just contact Howard Nurse through the support line.