Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Logger 32 with Flex 6500

James Del Principe
James Del Principe Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have used Logger 32 for some years now and would like to use it with my Flex 6500, especially the frequency control. I have heard this is possible but even the latest Logger32 (V 3.50.x) does not list the Flex radios and, of course there is no hardware serial port. Any way to configure for virtual control of frequency? Does anyone have experience with this combination?   73, Jim

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    You can use a CAT port to control the rig from the software, using Kenwood protocol. I'm not too familiar with that logger, but if it has TS2000 or TS480 support, it should play.
  • James Del Principe
    edited September 2015
    Thank you, George. I will try that and reply.    Very Best, Jim
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I have used logger32 with my 6300 and currently use it with my 6500. Just use cat and kenwood 2000 option at 38k baud rate. I switch within logger32 between my 6500 and back up ic7400, which I have set up as radio1 and radio2. 73 Steve gw0gei / gw6j
  • James Del Principe
    edited September 2015
    Thank you, Steve. I currently have the rig control working with FLDIGI. Will this be a problem?   Any conflict?         73, Jim
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    just set up two different COM ports in CAT, one for each application. It will be fine.
  • James Del Principe
    edited September 2015

Thanks, George. Actually, I just had a battle with the Logger 32 upgrade from a very old 3.23 to a version 3.50 but hopefully that is resolved and now I can go on to making it work with the Flex.

BTW, in upgrading Logger 32, the log file page is out of order from what I had. I spent some time trying to find the configuration menu which I had set up a very long time ago but can't seem to find it now.  This is the menu with check (tic) marks to select the columns and order of log entries.

As always, I appreciate your help.    73, Jim

• Neil K2NF
    Neil K2NF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015

Jim - if you are an L32 user you should join the L32 user group :  groups.yahoo.com/hamlogger and post your configuration question there. The group has 4500 members and the Logger32 author ( K4CY ) is a daily problem solving participant. The group is great for L32 problem solving and there are many Flex PSDR and SSDR users

• Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Right click and then choose set up with a left click (from memory as I am away from shack at present)
  • James Del Principe
    edited September 2015
    Thank you, All. I did figure it out finally.  Steve was right on the money.      I will also check in with that L32 group but for now that is solved. On to my next issue but I will start another thread for that.    73, Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.