Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Local Spots with Slicemaster and CW Skimmer work on 40meters but not 20meters Cw Any ideas

Options
mikeatthebeach .
mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Need help Seem Local Spots from CW Skimmer work on 40meters but not 20meters Been that way for a long Time Not sure why Slicemaster does not work On 20meters CW but works on 40meters With my Flex6600M Mike WB6DJI

Answers

• mikeatthebeach .
    edited December 2019
    Options
    To clarify this problem On 20 meters I see calls in CW Skimmer But not on Flex6600M Spectrum Scope With CW Skimmer I do see Local Spots from CW Skimmer appear On my Flex6600M on 40 meters but not on 20 meters CW as local spots the Flex6600M screen
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Double check to be sure that you have spots turned on in SSDR when you load your 20m profile. Also double check the settings in CWS when you're on 20m. For SM to send spots to SSDR I believe it needs to open CWS. If all that's good we'll dig deeper.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    edited December 2019
    Options
    What settings in CWS Slicemaster must be To send Spots to Flex6600M On 40meters it all automatically done But when I try 20meters no Spots from CW Skimmer on the FlexRadio 6600M Spots are Enabled on Flex6600M For Spots to Show up on 6600M Must be something in Slicemaster That changes when going from 40meters To 20meters I use Slicemaster to bring up CW Skimmer automatically when I am in CW mode On the Flex6600M and start Slicemaster Mike
  • mikeatthebeach .
    edited December 2019
    Options
  • mikeatthebeach .
    edited December 2019
    Options
    40 meters SliceMaster works 20meters SliceMaster does not work
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Mike,

Are you sure it's a 20m/40m issue, not a Slice A/Slice B issue?  Try reversing the bands on your slices and watch where the problem goes.

The only thing I can think of that might be getting in your way is the setting in CW Skimmer's Network tab called "Do not send callsigns without CQ".  It's possible that you have this set on your 40m slice but not on your 20m slice.  But last I checked, Slice Master adjusts this setting for you when it launches CW Skimmer.

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.