Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Loading new 1.4, needed a firmware upgrade...went for a long time, I cycled pwr..OK?

Options
Lee
Lee Member
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

6500...Loading new 1.4, needed a firmware upgrade...went for a long time, I cycled pwr..OK?

Putting on 1.4 it requested a firmware upgrade

The firmware upgrade went ok then for over 1/2 hour the upgrade stayed on (Radio was green)

Am I OK or should I do something to start a firmware download again??

Thanks,

Lee

Answers

• kg5eiu
    kg5eiu Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My Radio upgrade failed - ERROR PSH1V5-1.64 on the display.
    Don't know what to do now - anybody have any suggestions on how to recover the
    radio - all new to me so I am still learning.

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If the SmartSDR start screen shows this...

...everything went well. The small "LED" goes from yellow to blue during the
    update.
  • Lee
    Lee Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

My available icon was Yellow , If I remember correctly.

Radio was green

Seems to be working OK.

???

• kg5eiu
    kg5eiu Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I got a ticket going with support at was suggested in another thread.  Looking forward to a fast recovery and trying out the features!!! 
  • Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Yep.  I saw the light blue light on my 6300 during upgrade, as opposed to the purple it used to flash.  Working fine!
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options

My 6500 upgrade icon stayed yellow for the longest time after the firmware upgrade and never seemed like it completed but I shut the software down and restarted and all is well.

• Lee
    Lee Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Looks like there is a bug in the firmware download pgm...with ending normally.

My 6500 is working FB.

Lee

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It is a result of SmartSDR v1.3.8 sometimes not handing the request to reboot the radio properly after the firmware has been loaded, but not booted.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.