Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Linksys E3000 Bufferbloat

K1ESE
K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
My Linksys E3000 router has bufferbloat.  Testing at -

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/toolquestion/2_Speed_Test#17930

gave my router a bufferbloat grade of F.

Does anyone have experience with this, or similar routers?  Any configuration that reduces bufferbloat?

Is it fixable or is a new router needed?

Answers

• Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Get an "IQrouter"  I changed mine out and it made a difference.  Was having a  LOT of receive "dropouts"
    using Smartlink on the WAN and now they are gone.  There is plenty of info on the net about bufferbloat and the IQrouter.  I doubt very seriously that you will regret it.   73's
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    And I have an IQ router for sale. It is great.
    I switched providers and have to use their Modem/Router combination.
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Pse email me on price.  Address ok on QRZ.  I am still hoping the Linksys can get configured.
  • Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I'm curious as to whether anyone has tried this router:  https://www.plume.com/  They seem quite proud of what it can do.
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Plume seems to be a home mesh networking system, like Google WiFi and some others.  Its big feature is multiple mesh nodes that can cover a large house and support many users.  It's not clear how well that would work with Flex SSDR.  If you need wide coverage, or if you are competing with teenagers, this approach might help.  Anyone have experience with mesh systems for Flex?

I expect that a single good router will beat a mesh system for single user operation.  The mesh system could give better coverage, but has to have a negative effect on latency.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.