Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lines on display

KL4QG
KL4QG Member ✭✭
Worse on 20 meters Sometimes worse but alway two lines with noise when u tune on them Using SEC-1234M power switching supply The many lines come and go same time in morning about 8-9am I live in 4 plex house -right before the many lines show up you hear a popping sound with Vert Line than many lines show up like someone turning on a switch ??? The two lines are always on same Freq on 20 meters to ????even with Icom 7700 Base I had same two line on icom 7700 but that had built in supply imageimage

Answers

• VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Join the crowd, I have the same problem on twenty. Removed a few by putting  some ferrite on my HDMI to the 6400M. I have a Hexbeam and they are worse when it points south to my next door neighbors. The only way to find out if it is in your house is pull the mains and hook the radio to a 12 volt battery. If gone you have look in your house if still there ,well good luck.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I live in 4 plex work house so turning off mains is no go What is HDMI ???
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Oh my radio stand alone no computer hooked up at this time !!! Not sure what I gain using computer but cause me Head Aches
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Someone told me Alan SDRs don’t have this problem like a 100D and so on’,,,,,
  • James Whiteway
    edited September 2019
    It's not a problem with your SDR radio. It's interference from electronic devices either in your home. Or outside of it. The display just lets you see it. Sometimes, but not all the time, you can reduce or even eliminate the interference by the process of elimination as mentioned above. But, sometimes there is nothing you can do. James WD5GWY
  • Warren-K6WKW
    Warren-K6WKW Member
    edited May 2020
    Joe, what you are seeing is real signal in the outside world that you are receiving. Just change the receive antenna selection to an unused connector and you should see the signal go away or drop a lot. The ANAN 100D SDR will receive the same junk because the junk is out there. I get similar bars but more on 10M - they are showing you noise out on the ham band. To make it better, you want to see if the source of the noise is anything you can control. If you put your radio on a battery, and turn off and unplug all sorts if things in your unit you can see if something you own is generating the noise, or if the power supply is the source. 
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Like I said live in 4 plex I cannot tell the other people to Shut their breakers off I’ll just live with it I guess Put radio on battery noise same There a plumping shop 50 feet away he has about 20 battery powered tools charging all the time too
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I did put #2 Ant on there no antenna hooked to it Lines went away totally
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I’m using 10-80 Endfeed Dipole at 24 feet in week raising 50 feet not sure what affect height going do with lines Or receive and transmit
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I get them on my 6600M but at the same time they also show up on my Icom 7300 and my Icom 7600 each powered up separately.  Look just like yours.  They come and go depending on whatever is causing the interference. 

I got a portable receiver and snooped around.  The best I can tell it's strongest at the neighbors house.  I just haven't approached them yet and not sure I will.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    All going happen if go next door and complain they are Laugh at you and than say your messing up things in their home even if your not -
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Joe, I have the same thing on my screen and I tracked it to my neighbors outside air conditioning unit. The spikes don't interfere with my playing radio so I just live with it. 

Roy - W5TKZ
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Joe, this having a panadaper is great, but this is the down side to it. When we hear a noise we can also see what it looks like now. There will be times when you will see all sorts of stuff. Before, all we could do is hear it and we just ignoerd it.
  • Wayne Schonfeld
    edited September 2019
    It's a power supply or an electronic device.  Use a long (30 foot) length of coax with a connector at both ends and walk around to see which direction it's coming from.  
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Lol

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.