Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

line input quit working

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
LINE input has stopped working on my 6700. The computer and Flex 6700 have been rebooted several times, to no avail. I use the line input from a second computer that is sending tones from MAP65.

Yesterday this was all working just fine, and I was actually transmitting the tone signal  on 2 meters. Then when I tried it again today the audio level indicator showed signal, but it never showed up as transmitted output.

After a few tries, even the audio indicator stopped showing signal.

I am at a loss at this point. I checked the incoming line, audio is there, it is just not coming through the flex. I am trying to get this ready for when I receive my DEMI 2 meter amplifier. Line audio is connected through the rear XL jack. This has been checked too.

I've checked, and rechecked everything several times, so I am confident it is wired and selected correctly (yes, mode is DIGU).

Has anyone seen this problem? Is it possible the internal input at the XL jack is blown?

Comments

• steve smith ka1sdr
    edited February 2019
    do you have dax on or off
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    it is OFF, but I've tried it both ways. The setup of everything is the same as it was when LINE input was working.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dave,
      If you have not already done so, you might try resetting the radio to factory defaults.
    If line input still does not work then it may be time to open a helpdesk ticket.

Al, K0VM
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dave,
      If you have not already done so, you might try resetting the radio to factory defaults.
    If line input still does not work then it may be time to open a helpdesk ticket.

Al, K0VM
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    This problem "magically" fixed itself. After many reboots of radio and computer did not fix the problem, I walked into the room in the morning to find the radio and computer completely frozen and locked up. I did the required reboots, and immediately went to 2 meters to see if the LINE input was working. Surprisingly, IT WAS.  There is a bug in there somewhere, and I expect to see it recur at some point. I am unable to do anything to make it fail again, so I cannot say how it happened the first time.

All I can contribute is that the LINE input quit working, even though the audio level indicator showed it was there. Then even the audio level indicator no longer showed input. At the same time that this problem was happening, keying the back panel PTT did not trigger TX1, TX2, or TX3 to activate. However These outputs did work when keying with breakin with cw or when using VOX with ssb.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dave,
       If( heaven forbid ) it should occur again, you might also try removing DC from the radio for a few minutes... Just a thought..

AL, K0VM
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I wonder if there is a single cable that routes the back-panel connector group to a
    connector on the the main circuit board.....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.