Line 1 Out Second Slice Muting?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
I use Line 1 Out for the digital modes. The WSJT-X software that I use for JT9 and JT65 includes a split option that allows both modes to be worked with the same GUI.

Split mode with the Flex-6700 requires that a second slice be launched. In this case, I assume that the received audio from both slices is present in the Line 1 Out signal. Since Slice B is only used for transmit with WSJT-X, I want to mute any audio from that slice. Some of the documentation (on this Community site) makes reference to a "Mixer" which I assume would allow me to control the audio output from any slice. I also assume that the slice mute available in the slice control panel only mutes audio to the headphones and/or speaker.

My question is how does one access this mixer in 0.13.10? If it is not accessible now, when is its implementation planned?
Photo of Ed, K0KC

Ed, K0KC

• 288 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Dave - WB5NHL

Dave - WB5NHL

• 288 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Click on the speaker symbol, then the speaker symbol next to the slider in the slice control panel. This will toggle the audio output including line 1 for that particular slice.
Just like you, I do this to mute the audio on the Tx split.