Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Less than a week to go and not a single post about 1.3 yet.

Richard G7EIX
Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Everyone must be really happy with 1.2.17 - I say we let the Flex boys skip releasing 1.3 and go right to 1.4 in 3 months.

<ducks>

Answers

• Carl/K5HK
    Carl/K5HK Member ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    I'm sure Flex would rather keep the releases comming to get feedback and sell more radios too!

1.3 should be another nice advance for all of us while we wait for 1.4.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    You are probably right if they keep throwing bells and whistles at us.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    bite your tongue, richard!!

shame on you!!   w5xz, dan

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I thought I was losing my ability to make a subtle joke! :-)
  • Thom Baxter
    Thom Baxter Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    I would personally like to receive 1.3 when it is done and not have to wait another 3 months.  I signed up with the intention that we would get releases on a regular basis.  :-)
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I'm ready to jump straight to 2.0:) I don't even mind paying...

Jon...kf2e
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
            1.3 should be a very rewarding update, especially for those cw folks looking forward to
    CWX message buffers.    Who knows, it may include the ability to transfer text from external
    programs (loggers, etc.) into cw output.  Profiles will be a big help for everyone.  So far they
    have included a few unexpected features with releases too.

Hang in there,

Ned,  K1NJ

• Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    "Tidy up your shack and wait another 6 days with patient" might be the message from FRS.
    I am really looking forward to seeing a new version.  FRS always gives us more than what they promised.   So, what would be the surprise this time?

Ken, JI1BNU
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    it's genetic, i'm sure...snarky Brits!! ha!

• Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    i remember the last 2 or 3 releases of PowerSDR and how it was like getting a new radio. Can't wait to see what new bells and whistles Flex comes out with on the next release
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I, personally, would like to see some core functionality come out of this. The Flex radios were "born in heaven" for WAN use. I don't think it would be bells and whistles if there was WAN capabilities along with CODECS so that the unit would be stand-alone as a remote radio I have had a "taste' of this functionality with my ICOM 7800. I can remote it from anywhere in the world where there is Internet access from my portable computer as the sole client without any third party software to "help it along." Those are my dreams of the "promised land." I know, my metaphors stink.

Jim, k6QE
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Crickets......
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited July 2014
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Another 96 hours? 72 hours?......
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I'll be coming around the mountains ... when it comes
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Looking forward to it! Starting to hit "refresh" on the forums more often, in anticipation of an update. :)
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ahh, looks like we gotta wait till August 18th. Just got the email from Flex.

(I'm fine with that, no point in releasing software that isn't quite ready yet).
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    I agree with your comment  Robbie...(I'm fine with that, no point in releasing software that isn't quite ready yet).  But you can bet the usual complainers wont be happy....Oh I can hear them now.... saying FRS has lied again....
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Rats!  I was going to have a light week next week after a really tough one...(Volunteering as an op for W1AW/9 in Indiana (40 SSB) and then having Vacation Bible School (Intensive week of Children's Programs at my church) a Funeral and a wedding, and Back-to-School Sunday all in the same week!)

I was looking forward to playing with my new rig as I recuperated.  Hi Hi!
    Nevertheless, as others have said, I would rather wait for two or three weeks for my new radio to arrive in my mailbox than get it now and have it broken!

Hey guys at FRS...Take your time and get it right.  I will open my August Christmas present a little late and enjoy it then.  Perhaps I will spend my time working on my tower & antennas instead.

Patently waiting....
    Ken - NM9P
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Me and my big mouth. I once joked that a friend of mine would chicken out of his wedding day to his wife to be about 20 minutes before the wedding. He legged it from the altar as she was walking down the aisle.

She has not spoken to me in 15 years!

• James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

just saw the FLEX Insider and Aug 18th, no problems for I will gone to help a UNIT to fix radios for them. Fort Polk the worst post in the Army. When I get back it will be like getting a new radio to play with.

Jim-WU5E

• roger palmer
    roger palmer Member
    edited July 2014
    Again...Wait ? so whats new ! Life develops Patience!
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    see what you did, dude??

you should be drawn and quartered...

• Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Obviously you aren't married. Or you would have know "Never say your in a hurry!" or "Let's get going!" or "I can't wait till you....".....It's like waiting for Christmas when your a kid!
    LOL
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    SmartSDR v1.3 is going to be delayed for a few weeks while we perform additional quality assurance and testing on it.  Please see Steve's message post for details https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartsdr_v1_3_release_status

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.