Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

less power on some bands

Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
i noticed that my Flex6500 outputs 23 watts on 21Mhz and 34 watts on 18Mhz at maximum while on the other bands it outputs expected power 100 watts.   I did not notice such phenomenon before, v1.0, v1.0.24, but I am not sure if it is because of v1.1.   And why only 2 bands, 18Mhz and 21Mhz?
Is not there any way to check any possible cause of such phenomenon?
Or any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Ken,

Be sure to remove the DC from the radio and restart.   Always use the Tune button, and while Tune is engaged,  increase the RF Power slider to 100%  ..    This will be full RF output.    

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have checked the output of my 6700.  40m and 80m I measured 80 watts into a 50 ohm dummy load.  On 20m and 15m I measured 70 watts out.  I went into tune mode and increased the RF power slider to 100%.  I am using v1.1, however, I have always had low power from the time I received the radio.
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    If it were 70 watts or so, I can ignore it.  But it is 25 watts on 15M and 35 watts on 17M while all other bands are > 90 watts to the dummy load.   Strange as there are no such thing to limit output by band.  I use "Tune" and slide the slider leftmost to rightmost several times and these are the value at the rightmost.
This discussion has been closed.