Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Leo Bodnar 10 Mhx GPSDO

AH0U
AH0U Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I have a Bodnar external
gps plugged into my 6700..I wait until the GPS is locked and then turn on the 6700...it goes thru its calibration and when I check the
frequency offset, it is the same as without the
gps....-2998.. I though it should be close to zero... Am I wrong or did I do something incorrectly?
Tnx Bruce

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    leave the GPSDO ON, then remove for 1 minute then restore the DC Voltage to the radio, then power on the Radio and SmartSDR and then run the calibration routine it should be +- 50ppm or less depending the GPSDO calibration if everything is working right. 
    The 6700 won't find the GPSDO SIGNAL after the radio powers up. 
    Bret
    WX7Y

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Hi Bruce, in SmartSDR on my 6400, I have to hit the start button (Settings, Radio Setup..., RX tab) to get it to calibrate.  Have you tried that yet?
    Len, KD0RC
  • DF1LON Lars
    DF1LON Lars Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Bruce, this is a feature of the Flex-6700 ;-) I had a couple of discussions with the support already. The Flex-6700 will NEVER find the external Brodnar GPSDO after a cold start. The easiest way to solve this problem is:
    - power on the Flex-6700
    - power off the Flex-6700 immediately
    - power on the Flex-6700

Now open a panadapter on 10MHz and the Flex-6700 will show no offset.

73 de Lars
    DF1LON

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.