Left sidebar minimized

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
How do I get the left sidebar to be minimized or "tucked in" when opening SmartSDR? I have tried saving the "tucked in" side bar with global and other profiles with no luck. It always comes up with top arrow pointing left showing menu titles. Does anyone know how to pull this off? TIA  

73 Dan KG0AQ
Photo of Dan KG0AQ

Dan KG0AQ

• 46 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Ken, K2KXK

Ken, K2KXK

• 44 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I've never been able to get it to remember that settings.  Have tried the same as you.  Hope someone has a solution.  Thanks for posing the question.  
Photo of Martin Ewing AA6E

Martin Ewing AA6E

• 319 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
That's something that should go into an "ini" file, along with other info like window size and position and maybe the default profile name. My opinion based on old-timey linux and Windows experience.
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4173 Posts
  • 1331 Reply Likes
I have found that the pop-out "Radio Control Panel"  (I have mine popped out to the Right Side) is remembered as the last status it was in when I closed SSDR.  If you want it "popped in" then use the little arrow to pop it in, then close ssdr.  The next time you open it, it will be within the main window.  If you pop it out and then close SSDR, it will be popped out the next time you open it.

I have not recently tested it as part of Global Profiles.  I know Global Profiles remember the various slices, pans, & frequencies, But O don't remember if they remember pop-out status of panadapters and control panels.

Ken - NM9P
Photo of Ken, K2KXK

Ken, K2KXK

• 44 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Yes, SSDR remembers the state and position of the Radio Control panel but not the small panel with +RX, +TNF, etc.  I wouldn't exactly call this a bug, just probably something no one thought was important enough to fix.  A minor annoyance for those of us who don't keep SSDR running 24/7,
Photo of Dan KG0AQ

Dan KG0AQ

• 46 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ken,

You stated "If you want it "popped in" then use the little arrow to pop it in, then close ssdr.  The next time you open it, it will be within the main window."

I am running 2.49 and no matter what position the bar is closed with it comes back on popped out with the arrow pointing away from the panadapter.  That is my observation when I restart my SmartSDR software.

73 Dan KG0AQ
(Edited)
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4172 Posts
  • 1331 Reply Likes
I haven’t checked it on 2.49. I’m on 3.0.19....
Perhaps they changed it in the upgrade. I’ll check release notes later and see....
Photo of Dieter

Dieter

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
using 3.0.19 on my 6k7 the bar is displayed as ever before irrespective of whether the bar was hidden or not when closing SSDR