Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

leading tone on CW keydown

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited September 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
With the latest update I am keying with an external keyer as usual. Something new has popped up. When I key down on the make there is a leading tone....a slight beep. I don't think it is being transmitted but I can hear it in the sidetone and make it hard to send initially. 73 Greg AB7R

Comments

• Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I may be hearing the same thing as you, Greg, but it sounds to me like I am hearing receiver noise briefly before I hear the sidetone. I am using the internal keyer.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Greg, I'm also hearing what Ed is hearing, but it took a lot of very careful listening to find it. I can only hear the "leading edge" noise using headphones. I would not have noticed it had I not been looking for it. I would not be surprised to see it go away with vs. 1.0. Looks like they've been working very **** perfecting the CW experience. Like you, I use an external keyer. Keying sounds great here.
This discussion has been closed.