Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Laptop for remote ops

Options
Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi folks. Any reason this should not do a good job for remote operating in the house? Picking it up for $325 unless there is a good reason not to. Thanks Greg http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/sys/4278182439.html

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Sections 4.1 and 4.2 in the Flex 6000 Series manual provide hardware and software advice. Good luck! Geo
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Howdy George. Well the used HP laptop that I brought home today seems to be working very well. all the software installed including Dax is running just fine although I haven't used it to transmit yet but on the receive side it's running fine. cleaned up a bunch of software and I still need to install some Lantronix comm port redirector software, PST rotor, and DX labs. I don't think I'll use it for any web browsing or email. I think I want to keep it off the Internet as much as possible and just use my iPad for those functions. The laptop is an HP Pavilion with an i5 processor, 500 gig hard drive and only four gigs of RAM which I will probably upgrade to eight gigs before too much longer. It also has Bluetooth so I can connect a Bluetooth headset with a microphone and use that for sideband. Btw....OS is win7 home premium. 73 Greg
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Greg, That laptop, being an i5, should work fine. Although, I would increase the memory, if you're running Win7 x64. Give you some breathing room. Mike
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yup...I plan to upgrade it to 8g. Thanks Greg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.