LAN problems with Flex 6300

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
I have a Flex 6300 (2.3.9). Connected via LAN and a switch with my Wifi/Router Box.  The switch is connected to the flex and other devices: my iMac, a printer etc. This configuration has been stable for years. No problems and with Smartlink as well.

Now I have problems: the LAN connectivity crashes. When i have a look at the interface of the router after a crash all devices connected via LAN are „inactive“, all Wifi devices still „active“. When I disconnect the LAN cable (or reset the Wifi/router) for a longer time and then re-connect the LAN cable everything is okay again: all LAN devices incl. flex are „active“, Maestro, iOS device  and PC „see“ the flex, connection possible. Okay! Until the next crash. Often when I close Maestro or the iOS device or the PC (connected via LAN) and open again, at the latest after some hours, sometimes after minutes. All LAN devices „inactive“...

It must be the flex because the LAN is 100% stable when the flex is not connected or in use. 

Bought a new switch and a new Wifi/Router, changed DHCP to a static IP address and back again. Factory reset. No success. LAN unstable with flex, unstable with flex.

It must be an IP address problem: when I open iOS-SDR I can  see two flex’s both in green: flex 6300 with the IP: 192.xxxxx.36, the same address which I can see on the router. Okay.  But a second one as well: „SmartLink Flexradio SM (the name for the former SmartLink-connection) with the IP address: 87.177.199.41. (???). Sometimes iOS-SDR shows xxxx.131 as an active connection in green (but does not connect) whereas the router shows xxxx.31 connected. Disconnect the LAN cable, re-connect, all okay, iOS-SDR shows the right IP address. Crash...

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Reinhard (DK6WK)

Photo of Ray

Ray

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of JohnSweeney

JohnSweeney

• 56 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Could be an IP Address conflict on your LAN.  If you can, create a range of IP addresses for DHCP and then set the static IP addresses outside the DHCP range.
Photo of Ray

Ray

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you John,
I solved the problem. But it was something else. I didn't know, that the router was connected with to powerline adapters to the switch (I thought, the power lines are connected with my heating system :-) 

And these adapters didn't work properly. 

Mea culpa!

Reinhard