Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

l the use of the FlexControl each time 6500 is turned off

roger palmer
roger palmer Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
each time I turn off the 6500 after a couple hours of operation I loose the function of the FlexControl Tuning device. Only way to get it to function again is delete SmartSDR firmware from my computer , then reload the firmware. It will then allow the FlexControl knob to work until I turn off the rig. Ive tried every possible turn off & turn on sequence ...nothing works!! what is wrong?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    Have you tried unplugging the FlexControl from the PC and reconnecting it before starting SmartSDR? Also, if you have PowerSDR or DDUtil running those programs can capture the FlexControl too.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Also, if you are using DDUtil, you must tell it what port number Windows has assigned to the Flex Control Knob. check it via Windows control panel.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I found that if Flex Control is not connecte to a dedicated USB port, it will get confused by other software that has nothing to do with SmartSDR. Blame this on Microsoft's enumerating algorithm.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.