Kudos to Flex!

• Praise
  • Updated 6 years ago
Although my comments here are not product-specific, I would like to make others aware of my experience with Flex service so that they can be confident that they have made a good long-term investment when they purchase(d) their 6000 series equipment.

I currently own a Flex-3000, a Flex-5000, and a Flex-6700. My first Flex rig was the 3000 and I upgraded to the 5000 about six months later. I have had the 6700 for about one month now. The 5000 is my "workhorse" radio and it typically runs twelve hours a day, 365 days a year (for over three years now).

I have sent the 5000 to Austin twice for repairs. The first time was related to an antenna tuner problem that appeared two days after the warranty had expired. Flex repaired the rig by replacing a failed IC within a week at no charge to me.

The second trip back to Austin was last week. The rig had a problem with the on-off switch staying on and also had an apparently unrelated problem of no power output on two bands. Again, Flex repaired the rig within a week and it is currently in transit back to me.

I have received the invoice for the repair and have noted that they replaced several components at a cost of just a few dollars each, rather than charging me for replacement of an entire board (perhaps costing hundreds of dollars) as the "Big Three" would have done. The hourly rate charged for this repair was quite reasonable and I was only invoiced for the minimum one hour of work, which demonstrated the efficiency and competence of their repair operation.

I am really impressed that they do component-level troubleshooting...I thought that approach died decades ago...thanks, Flex...for great hardware, great software, and excellent, affordable service!
Photo of Ed, K0KC

Ed, K0KC

• 272 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
  • Very Satisfied

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ed, K0KC

Ed, K0KC

• 272 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
I should also add, Great Support! Thanks Dudley, Tim, and everyone with whom I have dealt with at Flex!
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9153 Posts
  • 3503 Reply Likes
Thanks for the kind words, Ed.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.