Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

KS4OT HAM SHACK 6600M

This is my First Flex Radio I'm really enjoying the Flex working flawlessly image

Comments

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Welcome to The FlexRadio Community. Nice setup. I’ve had my 6700 since 2014 and it still gives me that “new radio” feeling every time I turn it on. Enjoy. Best 73 Winston
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Beautiful shack!!
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Jimmy, Great looking setup. Join us for the Flex Radio Net on Sundays at 1400 Eastern Time. 14.329 USB. 73,, Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • Jimmy Collis
    Jimmy Collis Member
    edited January 2019
    Tnx Mack and I'll try and catch you guys on HF 73
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Couldn't agree more. Welcome to the wonderful World of Flex Jimmy!

Of course couldn't agree more about the 6700 .. had mine for a bit more than a year .. Will never look back, no more a conventional radio in my schack!
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I agree, Johan. I loved my 756PROIII and considered it a “keeper”, that is until I bought the 6700. So I sold it....and the IC-7000...... and the venerable TS-530 lineup. The only gear I kept was for sentimental reasons - my first SSB Rig, a 1960’s Heathkit SB101 and my homebuilt Sweep Tube Linear Ampliier!
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Very nice setup.  I wish my shack looked that neat and tidy!

Welcome to Flex!

73 - David, AG4F
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I will be (hopefully) moving house in about 3 months and I am going to try really hard to have a similar type of layout on the radio side of the bench. However, I will still have a computer side which will never be like that!

Tim
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    First I've heard of net, I'll try and be there also
  • Jimmy Collis
    Jimmy Collis Member
    edited January 2019
    Tnx for comment I'm really enjoying the Flex
  • Dave - N6XVZ
    Dave - N6XVZ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Awesome - welcome.  I love mine too.  It's about 3-4 months old and I've had a blast with it.
  • ky4ub
    ky4ub Member
    I’m still waiting for my order and trying to get as much set up in place before it arrives. Does anyone have suggestions for length of rg213 patch cables between the Dreamstation components? I plan to put them on a stack of two wire shelves roughly 18” x 48”
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

not sure what your "dream station" consists of in my station it consists of 2- flex6700's, a PGXL, TGXL 2X2, and ANTGENIUS 8X2.

Radio A, the jumpers are all about 1 Meter long going to the different devices installed out in my shop in the equipment Rack. On Radio B the jumper between Radio B (in the house) and PGXL is 60' (about 10 Meters) to the PGXL, TGXL 2X2, and ANT GENIUS 8X2 are 1 Meter out in the Rack.

I see ZERO differences between Radio's A and B so as long as you use high quality cables and connectors installed properly for HF anything between 100' and 2' will really make very little differences just make sure your cables are long enough to make for easy installation and NO tension on on the equipment.

MAKE SURE you check the connectors tightness about every other month so make sure yo can get to them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.