KPA500 with Flex 6600M

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
I've just received my new Flex6600M, which was reserved at Dayton last spring.  I've got it up and running, including installing the GPSDO from my previous 6500 LE that was used as a trade-in for a very fair price from Flex.  I have but one, simple, question.  I'm hooking the rig up to my KPA500/KAT500 combination.  The question is: where do I connect the External Key Line RCA connection from the KAT500 to the 6600M?  The logical place, I think, would be the PTT RCA connector on the back of the 6600M.  However, I now have the supplied mic hooked up in that slot.  So, do I need a Y-cable, or is there another RCA connector that this wire should be plugged into?  I suspect a lot of guys and gals on this forum can answer this one easily.  I just don't want to make a mistake and ruin a brand new radio.  Thanks for any help you can give. 73 de Carl N8VZ
Photo of  Carl Jón Denbow N8VZ

Carl Jón Denbow N8VZ

• 75 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of WH6HI - Pat

WH6HI - Pat

• 263 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Use the inputs marked tx1, 2 or 3 and set it up in tx menu in smart SDR.

Pat
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 496 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
PTT is Local MIC PTT and TX 1,TX2, or TX3 and for Amp's, trans-coders etc.
Same as your 6500 was

Bret WX7Y

Carl Jón Denbow N8VZ

• 75 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Okay. Thanks. I appreciate the info. My mind is not working at full tilt right now as I’ve got a cold and I’m running a low grade fever (100.4F). 73 de Carl N8VZ
Photo of Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts

• 195 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Oh, you might give your cold to the radio.  Better send it to me.

Carl Jón Denbow N8VZ

• 75 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Ha-Ha! Nice try!
Photo of WH6HI - Pat

WH6HI - Pat

• 263 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Get well my friend, lots of haming to do with new radio....

Carl Jón Denbow N8VZ

• 75 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thanks. I’m feeling a little better this morning. Fever gone. I was able to sleep fairly well last night for the first time in three nights. As you say, a lot of hamming to do! 73 de Carl N8VZ