Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Kick **** radio - on a RTTY Contest !

James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
FLEX- thanks for making a kick **** radio- In the ARRL RTTY Round Up I gave the FLEX 6500 12 hard hours of contest with no break CQ's 1,290 contacts 215 Points 11,395. DAX worked great! no issues at all thanks again FLEX
Tagged:

Comments

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    JIm What software were you using? fldigi, mmty, hrd? If you used filtering, did you have issues with centering the signal in the filter passband. It would seem to me without point and click getting the signal centered would be a pain.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    no I'm using FLDIGI version 3.21.77 Jim wu5e
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    all I used was 20m USB and 40m LSB and a little bit working DX on 15m no fliters used at all, I live in the country and have no noise! Jim wu5e
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I have found it easy to use the narrowest of manually defined filters and tune one of three ways 

1. point n click on mark (quickest/easiest of the three since v1.5 )

2. flex knob till rtty signal just fits into filter and fine tune w/ mouse wheel if need be. With a very narrow filter, you get an idea where the sweet spot is w/o having to fine tune with the mouse wheel and the v1.5 rtty tuning lines on pan adapter make that more intuitive.

3. click n drag pan adapter till rtty signal just fits w/in filter and fine tune w/ mouse wheel if need be.

Although I have not had the opportunity to play with 1.5 much during rtty tests due to work schedule, I would imagine running a frequency would easy as well by simply having receive split open and point n click on mark for multiple replies that may be slightly off your transmit frequency. Not certain about that, but it should be doable in theory. I know you can do the same with fldigi by locking the xmit freq within the fldigi program.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.