Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Keying relay in amplifier

Marv
Marv Member
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Everything on my 6500 seems to be working great except for keying my Alpha 8410 amplifier. I put an ohm meter across the keying line which is plugged into TX1, and when I switch to tune or key the xciever it does not appear to close. Am I correct that TX1, 2, and 3 are what I should be using? Thanks Marv W0ZK

Comments

• philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    An ohm meter across the keying line will not work, you need to put a high impedance voltage (series resistance to DC) on the line and watch the voltage when the line is keyed. The output is an open collector and there is a limit to the amount of current that can be driven through it (500 ma I believe)
  • Marv
    Marv Member
    edited February 2017
    DE Marv W0ZK I stumbled onto my problem keying my amplifier. The brochure that I have been looking at since Dayton 2012, showed TX1, TX2, and TX3 as being on the lowest row of RCA jack and were white. I discovered that these have been moved to the upper row and are now red. I also discovered that these changes are now reflected in the QuickStart Guide which comes with the 6500. So, shame on me and shame on Flex! Take your choice HI! Marv W0ZK
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Marv, Glad you got this issue resolved, and for the update to the posting. Enjoy the new radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.