Ran into the same thing but wasn't sure if it should work. Tim?
Maestro uses WinKey through network to key the radio with a local (in Maestro) monitor.
N1MM+ uses a different version of WinKey through CAT on the computer, then through network to key the radio.
So the question is: "Should Maestro listen for other keying sources and create a monitor?"
I was setting up for a contest (Canada Day RAC contest as a special station - VE7RAC) so quickly plugged both paddle and headphones into the 6700 - It worked well.
BTW: Maestro is a great contest front end - Once I learned to hold the RIT in long enough that it didn't shut down my run RX/TX slice A :-)
Bill I also found the CW sidetone distorded regardless of RF output level (so it is no RFI issue). I plan to run IARU HF Contest this weekend but this sidetone will ruin my ears. Guess only thing is to use pc sidetone.
OK Tim now that is out of the way. Apologies for my writing style - comes from being a programmer/consultant for 50 years.
Suggestion side - Premise:
- The 6700 will probably be rack mounted with a rack UPS as all servers should be.
- Control will be away from the rack - Possibly in the same room and building, but definitely network only attached
- N1MM+ or similar programs will be used with associated plethora of applications, monitor(s), keyboard, and mouse. Therefore a local computer is likely (I use a 4"x4" Intel NUC)
- Headphone (headset actually, with this unused thing called a mic) and paddle connected to either Maestro or computer. Maestro only for the paddle as N1MM and CAT don't have a direct paddle input.
- Network delay and jitter remain a consideration
How can the operator maintain full control if a RADIO transmit monitor is not available?
Suggest a monitor feedback FROM the radio TO Maestro for BOTH CW and all other modes; and / or can the remote clients (SSDR or Maestro) currently monitor ALL activity via remote audio?
I foresee my 6700 in the clubhouse with Maestro(s) at several clubhouse rooms as well as at one or more homes. Future business? 4 Maestro sales per radio server