Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Keyboard Commands

Bill
Bill Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in New Ideas
On PowerSDR that I used with my Flex 5000a, there were some really useful keyboard commands such as Frequency Changing with Q,W,E,R,T,Y,& U etc. I really miss these on my Flex 6500 and ask that they are implemented on the next software update.
Bill - G4ERV

Comments

• Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    IMHO PowerSDR is like a loaded up Chevy with many useful features, lots of chrome, and fun to drive. SmartSDR is like a stripped down Cadillac with no air conditioning and crank windows. Tough choice sometimes...
  • Richard - N7HX
    Richard - N7HX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I second Bill's request.
  • Ken - WA8JXM
    Ken - WA8JXM Member
    edited February 2017
    I absolutely agree!   The mouse is slow and awkward whereas programmable function keys and/or keyboard would be so much better.     Trying to adjust your CW speed while sending is almost impossible.   Although I love the spectrum display on the Flex 6300, I find myself more and more using my Elecraft K3 for most non-digital operating, especially CW.  I can easily make adjustments on the K3 while operating the paddles.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    As a contester the FIRST thing I did with PowerSDR was to disable ALL keyboard commands as it was courting disaster to have the keyboard doing anything not directly related to contest logging on the keyboard If you need keypad control to speed up efficiency (before you get a Maestro). I use DDUTIL Macros connected to a Genovation keypad for quick command access that does not **** up contest logging. You can also use K6TU very intelligent ipad App. image Frankly the last thing I ever want to see is keyboard commands that **** up logging.
  • Richard - N7HX
    Richard - N7HX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Some folks like keyboard commands, some don't.  If SmartSDR adds keyboard commands and gives the user the ability to turn them off or on, everybody should be happy.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.