Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

key 6300 remote laptop

clint yates
clint yates Member ✭✭
Is there any way to key the radio besides mox i know the spacebar will after you select mox first but if you click anything else the spacebar no longer works. i would really like to key with an external device via usb. 

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    There's a jack in the back, I plug in my foot switch.
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Frstack adds hotkey support; eg assign F1 to MOX for PTT. There’s also SmartCAT interface. Create a new SmartCAT port configured for PTT and configure.
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    im remote but thanks
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2018
    Correct!  I forgot at using FRSTACK.  There many ways to do it.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Simply use a RS232 port on your remote computer and using SmartCAT setup for PTT and short between ground pin and the DTR or RTS pins ON your REMOTE computer, NO NEED for 3rd party application AT ALL.
    you have set up a couple Real com ports to use on more the 1 Slice even. 
    Works slick for Foot switch or say a Mobile type or Heil MIC with the PTT switch on it. 

Could not be simpler.
    73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Mike-VA3MW
    edited August 2018
    Bret is correct.  That is what I do at times.  I have a foot switch with a DB9 on it that plugs into an RS232/USB adapter that is connected to my laptop.  The foot switch grounds DTR and that sends the PTT signal to the radio.  

It works very well, and I wrote it up in detail about a year ago here in the community.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Scam
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    On a Windows PC the Space Bar, resends the previous mouse/key code. so if MOX was the last thing you clicked, the Space Bar will resend that click and toggle MOX on or off, until you click something else, like maybe the desktop. works the same with other SSDR buttons too.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    look at my post from 2 months ago in this thread you DON'T need any other 3rd party software just a com port on your remote computer.
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This is somewhat of a departure of your current experience but it sure works well if proper selections are made.  Big on-screen PTT. For details look at my posts at the link below:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/android-any-questions

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.