Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

K6TU Control - New release 1.5 available

Stu Phillips - K6TU
Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
The latest release (V1.5) of the K6TU Control iPad app for the Flex-6000 series radios is now available in the Apple AppStore.

This release adds:
  • support for diversity slices on the Flex-6700
  • transverter support
  • CW sidetone pan control
  • separation of the Phone Monitor and CW Sidetone volume controls
  • configuration support for CWL/CWU selection
  • SAM support
K6TU Control is designed to be used in conjunction with the FlexRadio Systems SmartSDR thin client and (optionally) FlexControl.

The purpose of the app is to provide seamless access to all the radio controls without having to use the mouse and navigate through SmartSDR.  This is ideal for maintaining window focus when operating DX or Contesting to maximize operator efficiency and workflow.

In addition, K6TU Control allows user defined profiles (separate from those in SmartSDR) and filter specifications by mode.  User defined filters are available at the touch of a button on the app allowing custom filters (high, low, bandwidth) to be specified for both RX AND TX.

Here is a screen shot of the main (Slice) view of the app.

More information can be found at:

http://k6tu.net/ipad/k6tucontrol.html

This release is available as an automatic update for existing users of the app.
Stu K6TU

Comments

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I just got the ver 1.4. How do you upgrade?
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    edited August 2016
    Open up the AppStore on your iPad and look for the Updates button.  K6TU Control should then show available for upgrade -tap the button, no charge and you are done!

Stu

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Stu,

I love mine.  It's a great app and especially useful for contesting.  Now, if I can figure out how to get it to work on my iWatch.  :)

Steve
    W6SDM
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Now we're talking.  Love the transverter frequency control.
    Thanks
    Phil
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    edited August 2016
    I aim to please!

It will work up to 99 GHz... then you are out of luck ;-)

Stu K6TU
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Hey, where did you get an iWatch? I want SSDR on mine when I get it. I'll be just like **** Tracy;-)

Jon...kf2e
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Stu,

Is there a way to confirm that you actually have 1.5 installed?  I don't see the version number anywhere.
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    edited August 2016
    Steve,

The version number is displayed on the bottom of the screen in the Radio Chooser view - ie when showing the available radios on the left.

Here's a picture:

Stu K6TU
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Ah, there it is!  Thanks.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm new to the Mac world. I needed a kick start. Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.