Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Just finished digging out.

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited September 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm happy to report that 2 feet of snow, and MINUS 14 degrees, 20mph winds and my Flex is still working. Of course....I'm not! Just came in after clearing away this stuff.....may take till Thursday before I regain feeling in my toes! :-))

Comments

• James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Down under we have just been through a heat wave and my toes have been frying just walking on the sidewalk however happy to report Flex6700 handled it without sweat with the mercury pushing 100 .... phew, its hot James VK2JN
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Bill, If I remember correctly, you have mentioned some heart issues in previous posts...you should not be shoveling heavy snow, especially in the bitter cold weather! Find a teenager in the neighborhood and pay him to shovel while you sit by your nice warm Flex-6700 and work DX. You might even get him interested in ham radio and he could become a future Flex customer. Ed, K0KC
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for the concern, but I AM THE YOUNGEST in my neighborhood. LOL I have two snow panzers, one small machine for the light snow, and one big machine. Both Electric start and self propelled. So the walking behind is just exercise. Had two more major snows since I wrote this original posting. LOL
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Bill, Glad to hear about the snow blowers! I lived in Chicago for a while about 30 years ago and one of the first things that I purchased for the new house was a snow blower. I gave it to a relative when I moved to Arizona, but now that I am back in Ohio, there are times when I wish I still had it. Not much snow here now, but it is pretty cold. Ed, K0KC
  • Mickey N4MB
    Mickey N4MB Member
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, we're having a cold snap, too. 67 degrees F right now, going down to 57 tonight. I'm going to need to turn on the heat and put on a sweater, I guess... 73, Mickey N4MB
This discussion has been closed.