Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Just ordered a Flex 6300...

Gary L. Robinson
Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
I have been using a Flex 1500 for almost 5 years now BUT yesterday ordered a Flex 6300. I have been really excited about the 6000 series since I saw them announced but it took me a while to save the pennies for one. I am very excited about the programming API and the rig itself. I have been reading all the posts I can and look forward to setting the rig up with my SB-200 amp and my Elecraft XV144 transverter. I really really love my 1500 but I am totally stoked to get my 6300 and start playing with it! Thanks Flex Radio for bringing me all this FUN in my #1 hobby! And thanks to Matt who supplied excellent customer service for helping me with the order!

Comments

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Congrats.  
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    You will like it, Gary. Big change from the 1500 and takes a little time to adjust. Please post the details of your SB-200 connection when you get that finalized.  -Dave
  • Steve - KD8QWT
    edited December 2016
    I just got mine a couple days ago.  You won't be disappointed.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I think is a bit tougher to move from the 1500 to the 6000 than getting into Flex for the first time directly with a 6000. It took me a bit of time to get used to the "new" GUI and how to move around, however, now, when I get back to the 1500 I find it very cumbersome and odd to use.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I don't know about that Burt. I was just shy of Dellionaire before the crash. That stoked me.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I, honestly, do not know why I still own the 1500. You can drop a 6000 to 1 watt if desired or 5 or 10. When you have the option of 100 or 500 or 1500, not sure what the thrill of 5w or 10w is though...well unless you are mountaintopping maybe.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Burt - how about giving your "investment" stance a rest going forward.  There are about a dozen posts where you have pontificated this point ad naseum, so I think it has been covered.  One person's purchase is another ones investment - and there is nothing incorrect in how one decides to feel about it.  This isn't a vocabulary correctness community.  Thanks.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I use mine as a 2nd RX to monitor over the air transmissions for testing.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    So do I. At this point, my 1500 is worth more to me as a second rig, monitor, or future transverter engine than I could get out of selling it. Even though the 6500 would be a much better QRP rig. But then... I can take the 1500 portable and run it off of batteries if I want.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I didn't realize you did Tim, Ken did tell me he did. I only have the one ant though. Point is though, I still have it.

Tim, can PSDR and VAC coexist on the same machine as everything SSDR requires?
    with VAC (as I recall) I had to set my WIndows 7 machine into test mode due to an unsigned dll.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I guess the best aspect of having the 1500 and 6300 is being able to run both at the same time!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.