Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Just changed from my trusty 5000A to a 6300 but I cannot get audio to my PC (win10 64).

Options
Roger
Roger Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

The DAX panel shows audio streaming but no green bars show in "recording devices" in Win10...bit stuck now!!

Roger G0IUW

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi Roger,

You need to press the "Remote" button up in the upper right to get PC audio.

Threw me too when I first got my 6300.

DAX is not needed just to get audio from radio to PC for "listening" purposes.  If you want to feed audio to another program then that is what DAX is for.

Mark - WS7M
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Also, what always catches me is that after installation of SmartSDR, the default playback and recording devices for the PC have been set to DAX items, rather than the PC's speakers and microphone.  You can correct this by right clicking on the speaker icon in the lower right of the screen and selecting either Playback or Recording Devices.  Make sure you set the PC's speakers and microphone as the 'Default' device.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.