Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Jupiter Radio Storms

Has anyone setup a way to monitor the l and S bursts originating from the planet Jupiter in the 18mHz to 40mHz range using the Flex.(I have the 6500)?
It seems the best way to monitor these is to record the entire band and not one frequency.  The Flex should be ideal for this.  There does exist a popular program (Skypipe) for recording these signals, but it does not appear good for use with the Flex.
The DAX capability and maybe even the IQ output would be a place to start.

Thanks,
Jim

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

I/Q recording is available on the Flex 3000 and 5000 but I don't believe it is available as yet on the 6000 series.

Jim, k6QE

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I use a little cheapie SDR-IQ and it does a wonderful job of I/Q recordings from the broadcast band to 30 MHz.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I haven't tried it yet, but you might be able to record I/Q data using DAX and a program like Audacity.   I have recorded regular audio quite nicely with Audacity,
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I understand your suggestions and ideas to record the signals.
    What I don't understand....How do you get the qsl?
    If I transmit a qsl request today for the signal I copied, when will I be able to expect qsl delivery?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sounds like a cool project! QSL is, of course by Logbook of the WorldS, or QSL manager via AL1EN.
  • Jim    W3IPO
    Jim W3IPO Member
    edited October 2014
    Here is a diagram of the L and S bursts.  in this diagram the x-axis is time and the y axis is frequency so it is a waterfall rotated 90 degrees.  So is there any way to record the waterfall over a period of several hours but with a time resolution of seconds?image

I am working on the QSL issue now.

Jim
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    or JP1TER

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.