Jumping to a DX spot with DX4WIN & the 6500/SSDR 12.17.

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Interfacing DX4WIN to 6500 problem. I am able to connect DX4WIN to my 6500 OK as long as I have RXB turned on when I try and connect DX4WIN to the radio. But, the 6500 does a HARD crash if I try and snap to a spot in DX4WIN that is on a different band than the one the 6500 is currently on. What I would like to see is the slice and RXA and RXB would pop to the DX spot clicked on. Thanks, Dennis, k0eoo
Photo of k0eoo

k0eoo

• 577 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of BobT

BobT, Elmer

• 59 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Dennis,

The way CAT works (and what I verified in testing with N1MM and DX Lab Suite) is that clicking on a split spot will move RX A to the DX frequency and RX B to the split frequency. If RX B doesn't exist, CAT will create it.

I never tried that on a band I wasn't monitoring so that is an error on my part. Testing spots is difficult at best because they just aren't available most of the time so I have to emulate them.

I'll take a look at it and see what I can discover.

BobT
Photo of Al - K0VM

Al - K0VM

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Dennis,
WIth the current version of SSDR, you need to select the new band ( using the left hand band selecctor ) before your click the spot.. (If the new band is not to far removed form the current band ( 20/17, 40/30) , just clickingthe spot MAY work.

AL, K0VM
Photo of k0eoo

k0eoo

• 577 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Hello Bob and Al,

Thank you for your comments. I already had verified that DX jumping on a spot does work if its in the same Band I'm arleady on. I just wanted to make sure Flex was aware that it doesn't work if the SSDR isn't showing the same band thats all....

I might mention the Flex5000A jumps to a different band just fine and I love it...

Again, thanks!!