Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Jumping to a DX spot with DX4WIN & the 6500/SSDR 12.17.

k0eoo
k0eoo Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR CAT
Interfacing DX4WIN to 6500 problem. I am able to connect DX4WIN to my 6500 OK as long as I have RXB turned on when I try and connect DX4WIN to the radio. But, the 6500 does a HARD crash if I try and snap to a spot in DX4WIN that is on a different band than the one the 6500 is currently on. What I would like to see is the slice and RXA and RXB would pop to the DX spot clicked on. Thanks, Dennis, k0eoo

Comments

• BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited August 2013
    Dennis, The way CAT works (and what I verified in testing with N1MM and DX Lab Suite) is that clicking on a split spot will move RX A to the DX frequency and RX B to the split frequency. If RX B doesn't exist, CAT will create it. I never tried that on a band I wasn't monitoring so that is an error on my part. Testing spots is difficult at best because they just aren't available most of the time so I have to emulate them. I'll take a look at it and see what I can discover. 73, BobT
  • Al - K0VM
    Al - K0VM Member
    edited August 2013
    Dennis, WIth the current version of SSDR, you need to select the new band ( using the left hand band selecctor ) before your click the spot.. (If the new band is not to far removed form the current band ( 20/17, 40/30) , just clickingthe spot MAY work. AL, K0VM
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hello Bob and Al, Thank you for your comments. I already had verified that DX jumping on a spot does work if its in the same Band I'm arleady on. I just wanted to make sure Flex was aware that it doesn't work if the SSDR isn't showing the same band thats all.... I might mention the Flex5000A jumps to a different band just fine and I love it... Again, thanks!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.