Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JTalert

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
I'm running two instances of WSJT-X and I would like to know how to setup JTalert for each of those instances. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Answers

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Not sure you can as JTAlert I believe uses a common port that is not configurable..  I think.. port 2237 if I am not mistaken

Maybe someone else has a way around it
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited July 2019
    It’s easy... you click on the JTAlert icon and it opens up to the WSJT screen... if you click on it again it will open to the next slice using WSJT and so on... in my 6700 I run three slices all three using WSJT and all three using JTAlert
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited July 2019
    Correct.  JTAlert is pretty smart.  Just keep starting them as you require them.  I run 2 or 3 all the time with no additional configuration required.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    How do I get clicking on the JTAlert icon to open WSJT?  When I do that here JTAlert comes up with a message saying I have to have WSJT already opened before JTAlert will come up??
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Wsjt-x must be started before starting jtalert for a slice. I open multiple slices then click jtalert when first opens I double click jtalert again. When it opens I double click jtalert again for third slice. I have seen where there is a jtalert or wsjt instance running in the background preventing jtalert to start. I go to Task Manager and look for processes running even though nothing is running on the screen GUI. just close that process and it will behave properly. You could also just reboot your computer. Jtalert starts showing #1 and the band, then #2 and band for second instance etc. Once in a while I will close all jtalert instances and open them again to get myself organized again. For example if running 4 slices and you close slice 2 then restart slice 2 it may not start up as #2. Not sure exactly what you may encounter but you have some insight into what you may find. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    OK, I can execute a JTalert for evey instance of WSJT-X that I have but after a couple of decode attempt I get a squawk from JTalert that things aren't quite right. I've got example below.

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    You have to set each instance of WSJT-X with a different UDP Server Port number.  It's under File, Settings, Reporting Tab,  UDP Server:  each instance should have a different port number. 

Cal/N3CAL
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The UDP port number just the last digit needs to be changed on each WSJT-X. I have even been able to retain the Auto start feature for slice A and JTAlert. Then manually start Slice B. Incidentally the latest version of HRD is allowing automatic logging of both Slice receiver's. Ian
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks to everyone who responded to my problem. Finally got it working.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.