Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JT 65 and DAX

Options
geep
geep Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Trying to set up JT65 on my SmartSDR machine and it is bombing. The DOS window shows an enumeration of all of the audio ports and the DAX ports are all showing up, but it quits with a Python error. Tried setup on another machine without the DAX ports and it set up fine. Moved the config file from that machine back to the SmartSDR machine and it still bombs. Anyone having that problem and is there a solution? Love the DAX interface, works wonderfully with FLDIGI.

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    What JT software and OS?
  • geep
    geep Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Latest JT 65 just downloaded, OS is WIN 7
  • geep
    geep Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Win 7 on both machines...
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Look for WSJT-X. I have it running flawlessly on my 6500 and win8.1. It runs jt65 and jt9 simultaneously.
  • geep
    geep Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'll give that a try, thanks
  • geep
    geep Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I downloaded and installed, runs fine and shows all the DAX ports. What did you use for the CAT interface? 6000 series not in the choices, tried TS 2000 and SDR 1000 without any luck. I do have the SmartSDR xml file but don't see a way to use it. Thanks
  • geep
    geep Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Tried the TS 2000 setup again and it claims to see the radio OK, but the frequency display on the window remains at 14.078, guess I need to do some more reading...
  • geep
    geep Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Aha, the display only indicates where the program will place the receiver, not the actual frequency. It is moving the radio to the selected frequency as I would expect so it all seems to be working properly. Thanks again for the suggestion, it worked.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Sorry so long replying. I have been away from the net for a bit. It is a great program, isn't it! Glad you got it worked out. Be sure to go through all the properties in the sound card for Record & Playback on ALL the DAX channels and set them to 16 bit 48,000 stereo samples. then set your sound card options in the program to the same. This will give you the cleanest signal. And watch your mike level to be sure it stays below 0 or about 2 dB below it. You can set up al the levels with the power setting at 0 and not interfere with anyone. Have fun! I'll see you around the band...
  • geep
    geep Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well, I thought I had things running but nothing is decoding. The choices for input and output seem to ignore what I tell them, and if I try changing them, the program bombs. Could you share your DAX settings with me so I can stop pulling out my hair? Thanks
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hope this helps!
  • geep
    geep Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thank you that does help. I am now not getting any audio indicated in the DAX 2 channel or anything else but DAX 1 in the monitor, so I have shut the whole blasted thing down and getting ready to reboot. I know, beta software, there are usually bugs that bite. This appears to be one. I have found that it does not care to share with flDigi, which seems to decode OK but displays the frequency of the slice that I am using for JT65. I was able to get two DAX channels running OK yesterday until that happened, now having problems getting one. Back to the drawing board
  • geep
    geep Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Shutting everything down and rebooting/reconfiguring did something, I can now decode. As for the 2nd DAX channel, turning it on is always helpful. My config screen differs from yours, perhaps Joe has revised it or something in the latest version. Here is what it looks like This doesn't appear to be working, perhaps when I save it the image will show, if not no big deal
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Joe Taylor has modified his programs to enumerate 100 sound devices. You will need: WSPR - v2.12 http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wspr.html WSJT - v9.5 r3619 http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I have wspr up and running but cannot adjust rx noise level. it stays at -30db, Can someone help me with this adjustment? thanks!
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I think WSJT-X setup works a little better than WSJT and it also will decode JT9. I just worked a fellow 6500 owner tonight on 40m (WU5E). All of the SmartSDR DAX sounds cards enumerate in it fine.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Figured it out. Working great now
  • geep
    geep Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I had everything running OK, hadn't tried transmitting yet as I am not familiar enough with the protocol yet. Yesterday, some of the problems cropped back up, specifically when I try to select a CAT port, and save the configuration, the program closes and my settings disappear. I tried one item at a time until I could consistently make it die. It is puking on the software CAT port selection, if I select a hardware port it tries to connect and tells me no radio response, which I would expect. Anyone else having this issue and if so, have you solved it? I've close the CAT down and re-opened, deleted all the software ports and started it again to no avail.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.