Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JT65 Problem with 1.4.11

Carl N8VZ
Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I just installed the latest SmartSDR software (1.4.11) and I'm experiencing a strange phenomenon.  With either WSJT-X or JT65-HF I see the signals FB on my screen, but I can only decode very strong signals (-1 db).  All other signals, though they look good on the screen, won't decode.  At first when I was using WSJT-X, I thought that this problem was software related.  However, now that I've experienced the exact same issue with JF65-HF, I suspect that it is either a setup problem or some sort of a bug.  All the parameters are setup basically the same way I have done them before, so I'm a little mystified as to what may be going wrong.  Any ideas about where I should look first?   Tnxs & 73 de Carl, N8VZ

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    What are you using to set your timing?
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Dimension 4 v5.3
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Carl,
       I am thinking that it might be DAX related and that rebooting the PC might solve the problem..

AL, K0VM
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    OK, Al, that is worth a try.  I'll do it and let you know.
  • N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I noticed this with wsjt-x and my 6500 on 1.4.11 if I had the slice bandwidth set super wide.
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    OK, I solved the problem.  It was a clock sync issue.  When I checked in Services the Dimension4 service was stopped.  I could not start it manually.  So, I uninstalled the program and installed Meinberg NTP instead.  Once it did a clock sync, I started to decode signals.  Thanks for all who answered my query.  I appreciate the help. 73 de Carl, N8VZ
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Update: Had some problems with Meinberg NTP, so I uninstalled it and installed Time-Sync instead.  It also installs a service, which is working great: http://www.speed-soft.de/software/time_sync/details/download.php?language=en

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

check to see that W32TIME is running in services tab of Task Manager

Also schedule a task W3TM/resync every so often

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.