Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JT65 AND MOX

Mark Gottlieb
Mark Gottlieb Member
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Have had the 6300 for over a year and have used WSJT-X all of that time.  Windows 7 computer and mini-deluxe HRD interface.  Just did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 on the dedicated computer for the rig and everything is working except...WSJT-X will not release MOX after 48 seconds.  The signal does end at the appropriate time but it will not return me to RX and I have to do it manually.  I have no other 3rd party communication or logging programs running at the same time.  I recall this happening about a year ago but forgot how I solved it.  

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016

Sorry, I can't help you as I don't have that problem with my 6500. However, I hope you will post what the solution is so others can use the info should the problem arise. Thank you.

Jim, K6QE

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Mark,
      What methode are you using to activae the PTT ( MOX ).?  VOX, RTS/DTR, or CAT ?
    is CAT functional ?
    Al, K0VM
  • Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited April 2017
    I am using CAT in WSJT-X.  
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I forgot to ask...  What do you have set for RIG ?

AL, K0VM
  • Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited December 2018
    Ham Radio Deluxe.  I am using Mini-Deluxe instead of the full HRD radio pane.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    That does not sound correct at all. IN that space should be the rig you are using. The Flex control does not work too well and the TS 2000 should be in the rig line.

I have attached a screenshot of my settings. If they do not help let me know.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Guy,
       That looks almost exactly like what I am using with no problems.. 
    Mark,
        Since I don't use the HRD selection, I can only guess..  I am assuing that you have tried rebooting the PC and radio.  If a Kenwood rig selection works without HRD deluxe, then there could be something hosed with the HRD Deluxe interface...

AL, K0VM  
  • Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited October 2016
    Well, I have used these my settings for over a year with no problem.  But, I did a clean install of Windows 7 on my computer and can't seem to get it configured.  I have no problems with PSK31 etc on HRD but for some reason the MOX will not release at the end of the 48 second TX interval.  However, I really don't have a preference and have read where the TS2000 config. does a good job with this software.  I will try it tonight when I get home.
  • Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited October 2016
    I never used the FLEX control settings with WSJT-x software.  I tried it but there were problems so I stayed with HRD using the mini-deluxe utility.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Mark,
      I have not been able to use the FlexRadio 6xxx rig selection in WSJT-X (1.6.1) either..

AL, K0VM
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Mark, you may not be able to see the wood for the trees. Could you post a screenshot of your settings please?
  • Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited October 2016
    Last night, I went for broke and, kicking and screaming,upgraded to Windows 10.  All problems are solved and the TS2000 config, on WSJT-x, is working normally.  I had DAX issues, also, with the 1.6 versions of SmartSDR on Windows 7.  Only 1.5 would work on Windows 7 for some reason.  Anyway, those issues have gone away as well.  Thanks for all the help.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Mark,

Gald it all worked out for you. I actually have the 1.7.0 deleloper version working fine on Win 7. Good job too as I will not be upgrading to Win 10...ever. I had it on a separate partition, but vaped it after a few weeks' of light use. Hope to get you in the log.

• Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited October 2016
    How did you get the 1.7.0 developer version?  I know of others who have also loaded it but there is no link on Mr. Taylor's website, at least I have not seen one, to get this accomplished.
  • Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited October 2016
    When one uses Classic Shell software, http://www.classicshell.net/, it eases the hassles somewhat of using Windows 10.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    You have to use JTSDK (https://sourceforge.net/projects/jtsdk/). It downloads the source and compiles it.

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I used Classic shell on Win 10, but still dumped it.
  • Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited October 2016
    I downloaded the 1.7 but just get 4 choices of CMD screens.  What is the secret to getting the software to open?
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    It behaves no differently to 1.6. Have you installed JDSDK? Basically, it can produce an installation file (I would use that to start off with as it will create the environment 1.7 will need just in case it is wildy different from 1.6. Then you can create just the folders, which I then copy across to the main/working WSJT-X folder.

Can you post a screenshot of the "4 choices of CMD screens" as I am not clear on what you mean?
  • Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited October 2016
  • Mark Gottlieb
    Mark Gottlieb Member
    edited October 2016
    These are the four folders that appeared after the download of WSJT-x 1.7

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.