Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JBL control 2P speakers

KL4QG
KL4QG Member ✭✭
Have bad hum and where can I buy RCA cable to 1/8 plug RCA plug wired to 1/8 inch plug for flex 6400B no stores up here Bethel AK buy this no roads too lol image

Answers

• VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I have one here, give me a call .
    Gary @905-937-2477
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    You can get all you need at Amazon.  
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Amazon has everything
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I have the same set of JBL speakers Joe, those powered speakers sure do help and were a step up from the Bose Companion II speakers which were demoted for field day use. Gotta say this, to each his own but why on earth would you put speakers or for that matter, anything on top of your radio worth thousands of dollars. Over time it will leave marks bring the resale of the radio down and your hum maybe caused by the close proximity of the speakers to the radio's power supply, certainly more susceptible to RF.
    If you separate your speakers more you will enjoy the binaural audio and diversity much better. See pictures below, I also wrapped the audio cable several turns on a ferrite to eliminate RF that I had. Just a suggestion.

• Don Cunningham
    Don Cunningham Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Joe,
    A cable like that one shown above worked for me, NO hum.  However, if you are running the speakers with no input (not hooked to anything) you WILL hear a hum.  Hope that cable works for you as it does here.
    Don, WB5HAK
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019

I would recommend these if you want a much higher quality cable with better connectors and better shielding.

They are more expensive but it’s worth it in my opinion.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IPMB2R10--pro-co-ipmb2r-10-10-foot

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    John do u need use both RCA connectors I just ordered sweet water
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    One thing I find they don’t amp sound much in my headset at all I was disappointed in that I have cheap Pair powered speaker amp sound. very loud in headsets when plug in
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I spread speakers out sound better i just have wait for sweetwater cables now
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    They do sound nice I have play with -2 + 2 bass /T and normal little switch on back
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I’m going give my RadioSport headsets rest now need

Find of best of best Studio Type mic-Guy make this mic said its best mic in world for Flex 6400M anyone use this
    INRAD M-650 microphone I like holding mic or in hanging stand cage I have not Desk stand
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019

Just connect the 2 RCA connectors to the back of the JBL's UN-Ballanced RCA connectors, Hook up the supplied extension speaker cable and that’s it.

Start with the HF (hi frequency or treble) Adjust switch at 0dB. 
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yes because your flexradio has a stereo output witch is great if you want to put one slice on the Left and another on the Right. Cool Stuff!
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Connect you headphones to the "Phones" output on the back of the radio. There is a separate headphone level is SmartSDR.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I don’t have SmartSDR as of yet our computer not hooked up yet my friends 12 old boy going program the radio and computer - we just got internet first time we ever have computer and WhyFI Internet
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019

There is almost an unlimited amount of mic choices that will work great with a FlexRadio from a cheep eBay mic to a Hi dollar studio mic. The mic you choose will depend a few factors such as your budget, the type of audio you are looking for and your voice.

My suggestion is to start with the Stock hand mic that comes with the radio you will be surprised at how good you can make that mic sound on the air.

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I have had lots Mic
    From Heil. To cheap I’m not using cheap mic or supplied hand mic
    Up $250 for mic I pay I paid lots for ant / 1500 watt amp I hate cheap things -
  • AE2A
    AE2A Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The secret with these speakers is to use an 'ungrounded" power input! Simply use a three prong to two prong power adapter and don't connect the ground which is the source of a nasty ground hum.
    Mitch - AE2A
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    So how u do that cut off something on plug to remove the ground
  • AE2A
    AE2A Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Go to Home Depot or ACE hardware for the "adapter". I never mentioned cutting off anything.
    It costs about dollar or less!
    Mitch - AE2A
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Ok I just don’t connect that brass thing on plug with hole in it -thanks I ask a question to get correct answer thanks
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Ok no stores for 500 miles I’ll Order plug on line
  • AE2A
    AE2A Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    It's working for me!
    Mitch - AE2A
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Cool
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Audio Isolation transformers do a great job of eliminating ground loop hum. Bought mine on amazon and used them at every device that were causing hum. Also had ground loop problem with my vhf/uhf gear when hooked up to the cars audio system. Transformer removed all gum. Works great!
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Good point Pat, I forgot about that. I use Pyle PLGI35T got three of them when they about $6 each. One for each radio, going into an used DJ mixer so I can use the JBL speakers on any radio. Totally eliminated all ground loop hum.
    https://www.amazon.ca/PLGI35T-8-Inch-Stereo-Ground-Isolator/dp/B004HJ35F2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=pyle+a...

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hum coming only from speaker that plugs into master powered speaker the powered speaker has no Hum waiting on 2 prong plug from ebay we have no stores here -

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.