Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JBL Bluetooth speaker used at Hamvention 2018?

Charlie_KB8CR
Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
At Hamvention 2018, a small JBL portable bluetooth speaker was used as a demo for the 6400. My XYL wants me to use something similar that takes little desk space. (I'm not complaining....she let me buy the 6400). I assume they were using an AUX input to the speaker.  It was very noisy at the booth, but I'm wondering how those type of speakers would perform in the shack.

Thanks.

Answers

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I use a Sony Bluetooth speaker, my preference, and have a audio to Bluetooth transmitter plugged into the back that way the speaker can go anywhere I want to place it! Quality is excellent! Costco has good prices on these types of speakers!! Robert!!
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks, Robert. Actually was looking at the Sony SRX-XB21, which has an AUX input. I wouldn't use bluetooth due to the latency for CW sidetone (I'm 90%+ CW op). Just wondered how the quality was on RX.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Speakers are so subjective we could talk all day! I don’t think I detected any latency between the internal speaker or the Sony audio?? I would have to check further on this! I also use the Bluetooth transmitter for sending XM Satellite Radio
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Which model Sony are you using?

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Have you noticed any latency problems on CW?
  • joe camilli
    joe camilli Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    You need to look low latency Bluetooth transmitter and receiver. They mainly cater to folks who want to watch TV via Bluetooth. I have a set but have not tested on CW.
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I think they'd be fine for SSB, but almost any latency will throw ya off when sending CW at speed. That's why I'm only looking at speakers (bluetooth or otherwise) that have an AUX in for direct connection to the radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.