Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I've read FreeDV destabilize Flex Radio using SSDr 1.4.3? is it true?

YV5WZ
YV5WZ Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Thinking to install DVfree, running Windows 8.1 

Answers

• James Whiteway
    edited May 2015
    Haven't tried it with 1.4.3, but, it does work with 1.4.11 (the latest version of SSDR). Only issue I've had so far is common to digital transmissions, weak signals just go away or break up and start to sound bad. But, when signal strengths are good, it works well.
    james
    WD5GWY

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    If my 6500 moved an inch I could see marks in the dust. Nope. Still stable after FDV was used. 
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Thanks James for your reply....I'm still using Smart SDr 1.4.3.132  I'm a bit concern about comments about 1.4.11  I will take this chance to ask you about it:  did you have any trouble installing new 1.4.11?
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Great!!....Thanks Steve!... 
    If my 6500 moved an inch I could see marks in the dust.
    hahahaha....I'm same way!  :-D   No one may a enter to my radio room, my home rule  hahahaha
  • James Whiteway
    edited December 2019
    No, I did not encounter any problems with installation. And so far, everything seems to work fine. And there is a very noticeable improvement in NR and ANF. I cannot test the Noise Blanker as my location is very quiet, so I cannot comment on that.
    Installation is same as previous versions. Hope that helps and I hope you have no issues.
    james
    WD5GWY

• GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited December 2019
    No problem loading 1.4.11 here either on 3 computers, 2 running Windows 10  and a 7" tablet running windows 8.1.
    Cheers
    Paul
    gi4fzd
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks James!...I took your advise ...(thumb  up) 
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you GI4FZD

Great info!
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I had heard there is a rare bug that causes the radio to become unresponsive while in the FDV mode. Emphasis on rare, but enough to keep FDV out of the official release for now.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I have had the RARE radio lock up will in FDV mode.  Required a hard reset ( remove DC for a few minutes) to recover the radio.  You may or may not run into this problem..  If you do run into the problem, just stop using FDV and wait for a fix.. In any case, no damage is done to the radio.

AL, K0VM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.