Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I've done it again

Well I've gone and done it again. Just put my order in for a new 6500 last week when they were on sale. Also have the Maestro on order. Had a 6300 back when they first came out. Didn't care for it due to NB issues. Hope this is the last radio I buy. Sold my TS-990 and  replacing it with the 6500. Going to use it in the RV too. Have the 6500 set up in the AV cabinet with the Maestro set up by my recliner.

Comments

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Congrats!
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hopefully the new NB will work on your noise. There have been many posts by people that found it not to be a huge improvement. NB aside, I still really like my 6500.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    I too recently bought the 6500.  I had a 6300 for 25 days then upgraded.  Not sure I needed the 6500 features but could not turn down the deal.

I have my 6500 mounted about 15 feet away from my op location (my desk).  When maestro gets here I'm not sure yet how I'll use it but it will be nice little experiment.  

I am enjoying using my laptop upstairs and being able to run SmartSDR and do just about everything on the unit downstairs.

Enjoy!
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Congrats on your 6500 order.  Since I received my Flex a few weeks ago my ICOM 7800 has been collecting dust.  I'm looking forward to adding the Maestro. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.