Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I've bought secondhand Flex 6300. How can I tell if it's licenced for ssdr V2?

Roy Higham
Roy Higham Member
Hello all. I'm waiting for FedEx to deliver my new ( to me) 6300. Is there any easy way to check if I'm lucky enough to have got one licensed for ssdr V2. I don't know which to download and try. Thanks Roy G3VDS NE5R

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Download and install SmartSDR 2.0.19. It will ask for a license purchase if the radio does not have one. Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi Roy and welcome to the club!

The only way to tell is to download the 2.0 software from flex and try connecting. If it’s not licensed for 2.0 it will tell you. Also hover over the radio in the chooser and it will tell you the max version it’s licensed for.

Sales should also be able to tell you if you have the serial number but they’re slammed right now so best way is to check for yourself :)

Riaimage
  • Roy Higham
    Roy Higham Member
    edited October 2017
    Thank you Mack and Ria
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    If you purchased one of the certified preowned from flex as I did it comes with the version 2 software and a 2 year warranty
  • N0AZZ
    N0AZZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    You could ask the seller, or like my 6500 bought from Flex a preowned it came with the latest installed with warranty 2 yrs.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    This should have been something disclosed by the seller but it is very likely that if it wasn't disclosed then it is licensed for 1.x only.

Only because if it's licensed for 2.x the seller would tout that as a feature that would fetch a quicker sale and/or more money. 

If it's licensed for 1.x you can still buy the 2.0 upgrade when you get it up and running. 

Ria

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.